Labels

About Me

My photo
Hey! Welcome to The Lilly Pad! I post about random house things like decorating projects, crafts, and stuff. Also, I'll try to let you know where to find things that I write about at different price points. I very obviously have no training (as if I needed to mention that) and I take really crummy pictures, but I'm always on the hunt for deals and good stuff to put in my house.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Zigga Zig Aaahhh


So, hopefully someone got the Spice Girls reference :)

As anyone who's been on the Internet knows, zig zag stuff is EVERYWHERE! It crazy how it has seriously taken over the house decorating universe. I actually like the print, despite the fact that its everywhere you look.

I'm sure you all remember the Missoni for Target craziness. I ended up getting a couple of things, including this box in my dining room. I tend to stack things to get height and interest, so this worked well for me. Also, on a side note, I tried to edit this photo for a good thirty minutes and it still looks like poo poo and you can see me in the mirror :).


Here are some pictures of ziggy zaggy things that I found on Pinterest. What do you think? Cute or just over it?



If you're interested in where to find this ubiquitous print, I would recommend Premiere Prints for inexpensive, good-looking fabric. They have several colors and a couple of different zig zag widths. For bedding, Urban Outfitters currently has a really cheap option. For rugs, I would also look at Urban Outfitters, West Elm, or Johnathan Adler (obviously depending on your price point).

PS...I would heart comments so I know someone is reading this. Also, let me know if you're on the hunt for something. I can likely tell you where to find it at any price point (from realistic to make me drool kind of stuff).

5 comments:

  1. i'm reading, nellie! :) i love your blog posts & your sense of style! i am now going to urban outfitters website to find that rug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! The rug is sooo cheap (well, as far as rugs go) and it was an extra 20% off a couple of days ago when I saw it. I comes in a couple of colors, but the gray and cream was my favorite. Thanks for the comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i read you!! xo!! I love that baby bedding!! so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read every post! Love your style! Keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Chevron...in fact, I recently got a green and cream Chevron rug for my living room from overstock (yes, I know I'm crazy for having anything cream on my living room floor with 2 kids, but it makes me happy every time I look at it! So I'll enjoy it while it lasts) :)

    ReplyDelete