Labels

About Me

My photo
Hey! Welcome to The Lilly Pad! I post about random house things like decorating projects, crafts, and stuff. Also, I'll try to let you know where to find things that I write about at different price points. I very obviously have no training (as if I needed to mention that) and I take really crummy pictures, but I'm always on the hunt for deals and good stuff to put in my house.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

It's Play Time!


When we moved into our home last year, we decided to make the sun room Lilly's playroom. The room is situated between Jeff's office and the den so it's great to be able to watch Lilly and get a little work done at the same time. Also, the room is surrounded by windows so it's super bright and cheerful feeling (although you can't really tell because it was nasty and rainy today when I took the pictures).




The room is stark white. It bothered me for a few months and I considered painting the walls. However, at this point, I'm glad that I haven't touched the paint, although I might eventually paint the ceiling light blue (maybe...).

I didn't have any furniture for this room when we moved in, but Jeff's parents were getting rid of a twenty year old sofa about that time. The sofa was not at all my style (think patterned burgundy), but it was super comfortable and had good lines. I found fabric that I liked and had the piece re-upholstered. Also, I took an old coffee table and had it upholstered to make the ottoman. The table used to have a glass top that broke when we moved so I had a contractor friend make a wood top so now it's a super solid piece of furniture to sit/jump on.

The fabrics I chose are both strong patterns, but I think they go together fine because of the matching colors. Also, I had the cording done in the same green fabric on both pieces. I decided to go with a contrasting cord on the pieces because it seemed a little more playful to me and, well, it's the playroom :) I put indoor/outdoor fabric on the ottoman which is great because it's already been colored :)





The room still needs a little more child height storage, but I'll get to that eventually.


1 comment:

  1. These are my 2 favorite pieces in your house! I'm jealous. Everytime I see them!!!
    -Beth

    ReplyDelete