Labels

About Me

My photo
Hey! Welcome to The Lilly Pad! I post about random house things like decorating projects, crafts, and stuff. Also, I'll try to let you know where to find things that I write about at different price points. I very obviously have no training (as if I needed to mention that) and I take really crummy pictures, but I'm always on the hunt for deals and good stuff to put in my house.

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Upholstered Ottoman & Coffee Table


In the past day, I've gotten a couple of emails and texts about the ottoman so I wanted to do a follow up post about it.

I first turned a table into an ottoman a couple of years ago when I found out I was pregnant with Lilly. I decided that the weird coffee table that I had on my sun porch in Charlotte had too many corners and, thus, was too dangerous for a soon to be born baby. Of course, I could have put the table away, but what fun would that have been :)

I found fabric and a reasonably priced upholster in Charlotte and he did an awesome job! I think it cost about $125, which is way less than buying a nice upholstered ottoman and I got to choose my fabric.

I use this one as a coffee table in my living room.

Before
After


Since I had such good luck the first time around, I did it again when I moved to Burlington. Several years ago, I got a super old, $10 yard sale table that had a glass top. I used it for awhile until I found something I liked more. It stayed in our storage shed in Charlotte and we moved it back to Burlington last year. During the move, the glass top broke (likely because I'm a horrible packer). I had a wood top made so now it's super sturdy.

Underneath the skirt :)



I think this is a cheap way to get a good looking, custom piece of furniture. Just make sure that the table is sturdy because people tend to sit on them and baby monkeys tend to climb on them!


1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh!!! That's super cute!! I'm having a moment (I frequently have these BTW)..I'm not sure if I knew that you used to live in Charlotte. We did too (Until May 2010) :)

    ReplyDelete