Labels

About Me

My photo
Hey! Welcome to The Lilly Pad! I post about random house things like decorating projects, crafts, and stuff. Also, I'll try to let you know where to find things that I write about at different price points. I very obviously have no training (as if I needed to mention that) and I take really crummy pictures, but I'm always on the hunt for deals and good stuff to put in my house.

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Fabric Art


As I've established (and reiterated), I like stuff on my walls...Not too much stuff, but at least some stuff :)

As I have slowly been decorating Lilly's room, one of the things that I have had some trouble with is deciding what kind of stuff should go on her walls. I painted stripes behind her bed (which I still LOVE and would highly recommend to anyone considering it) mostly because I didn't want to hang anything over her bed. I know I'm weird, but I probably wouldn't sleep at night if there were something hanging over her precious head (literally :).

On another one of Lilly's walls, I decided to use framed fabric as art. I filled Ikea (don't you love that place) frames with fabric that I have used throughout her room. It was a cheap ($15 frame + fabric remnants) and super easy (maybe 5 minutes each) craft project and I think it turned out pretty well.




Also, here are some good looking examples of framed fabric that I found on Pinterest. Obviously these people take much, much better pictures than I do!




Let me know if you give this a try!

2 comments:

  1. I haven't done it yet...but I am going to use a piece of the quilt that came with the boys' crib bedding and frame it. It's an avocado green and white geometric pattern, and I just love it. I used it for both boys, so I want to preserve the memory. Hopefully it will look as cute as Lilly's! -Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea, Kelly! I can't wait to se it when you do it, although I imagine it will be awhile since it's still in use :)

    ReplyDelete