Labels

About Me

My photo
Hey! Welcome to The Lilly Pad! I post about random house things like decorating projects, crafts, and stuff. Also, I'll try to let you know where to find things that I write about at different price points. I very obviously have no training (as if I needed to mention that) and I take really crummy pictures, but I'm always on the hunt for deals and good stuff to put in my house.

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Pillows, Pillows Everywhere





Although my husband would very strongly disagree, I am a firm believer that you can't have too many pillows thrown around your house.

I am pretty much a TERRIBLE seamstress, but I am able to sew a straight enough line to make throw pillows. Most of the pillows that I've made are knife edge pillows with an envelope closure, but I have recently been working on zippers and fringe. It's kind of ridiculous how difficult it is to get a zipper sewn on just right (at least for me and my non-sewing self).

I generally stick to neutral colored upholstery on big pieces of furniture and use throw pillows and accent chairs for some color & a little je ne sais quoi.

After getting home from our family beach adventure this past weekend, I went to the Loomcraft outlet and had really good luck with fabric for new pillows. I picked up some Trina Turk for Schumacher, Duralee and Bruschwig & Fils fabric. Now all I have to do is make them :)




1 comment:

  1. Very nice! We have that same blue zebra print in our laundry room. (http://bellachampion.blogspot.com/2011/09/hanging-laundry-out.html)
    I still have to make a pillow out of what fabric is left. I may find inspiration to do that tonight now! :)

    ReplyDelete