Labels

About Me

My photo
Hey! Welcome to The Lilly Pad! I post about random house things like decorating projects, crafts, and stuff. Also, I'll try to let you know where to find things that I write about at different price points. I very obviously have no training (as if I needed to mention that) and I take really crummy pictures, but I'm always on the hunt for deals and good stuff to put in my house.

Monday, November 14, 2011

My Aunt Kathy

For those of you who don't know me very well (and even some of you who do), you may not know that my aunt Kathy was an incredible artist. Her art is very well loved by numerous collectors (definitely including myself...and not just because she was my aunt). The subject of most of her pieces is low country living with a very bright, whimsical brushstroke.

In addition to being an artist, Kathy also had an incredible eye for things and the most amazing color perspective. Her Georgetown, SC home was filled with so many treasures. She could make junk look right at home with her collection of Staffordshire dogs. From her, I learned that things shouldn't match too much and some things never go out of style. She rocked Wayfarers before most of us knew what they were :). The lady had serious style that was effortless and timeless.

Sadly, my aunt Kathy passed away a few years ago after a very, very short battle with cancer. Though most of you never met her and will never have the opportunity to own one of her pieces, I just wanted to give credit where credit is due. The color palette and design choices in my house are heavily influenced by her.

More importantly, I wanted to share some of the prints and originals from my collection. I hope you enjoy these as much as I do. Also, try to look past my complete photography ineptitude!














1 comment: