Labels

About Me

My photo
Hey! Welcome to The Lilly Pad! I post about random house things like decorating projects, crafts, and stuff. Also, I'll try to let you know where to find things that I write about at different price points. I very obviously have no training (as if I needed to mention that) and I take really crummy pictures, but I'm always on the hunt for deals and good stuff to put in my house.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Gorgeous Georges (Le Manach, that is)



So, I'm the kind of girl that LOVES a deal! During the last several years, I have had many great consignment store and TJ Maxx finds (in my opinion). Recently, however, I made have made one of my best second hand finds, and it was an accident.

During a shopping trip to Bella's House here in Burlington last fall, my sister talked me into getting a set of six ikat print curtain panels and two cornices. I wasn't as in love with them as she was, but I liked them and I was in serious need of stuff to fill my new house. Since everything was only $75, they came home with me.

Since I have gotten the curtains home, they've moved to two or three rooms in my house looking for the perfect home. During the most recent move to my dining room, I pulled out the hem of one of the curtains to see if I could extend the length. Well, here is where I made my great discovery!

It turns out that the fabric used for these curtains was hand printed by a French design house called Georges Le Manach and the fabric retails for about $200-$250 per yard!!! So, I paid about less than $10 per panel and the fabric alone for each panel cost $600-$750 :)

All in, I paid $75 for curtains that cost about $5000 to have custom made. Super Score!!!

...and yes, the trim in my breakfast room is blue, but not for long!


1 comment:

  1. 1. I can't wait to follow all of your project and get some inspiration!

    2. I'm so glad you are blogging now!!

    3. Love you!! :)

    ReplyDelete