Labels

About Me

My photo
Hey! Welcome to The Lilly Pad! I post about random house things like decorating projects, crafts, and stuff. Also, I'll try to let you know where to find things that I write about at different price points. I very obviously have no training (as if I needed to mention that) and I take really crummy pictures, but I'm always on the hunt for deals and good stuff to put in my house.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Light & White

My husband and I have been having a house debate, which is really weird because he typically has zero opinion about anything involving our house. His usual response to any house question I have is, "How much does it cost?" So, what could possibly force him to actually have a decorating opinion? Wood paneling.

We have birch paneling in our family room and Jeff LOVES it. I think that he thinks that it's cozy and warm. I, on the other hand, do not love the wood.

To be honest, I don't hate the paneling, per se, but I very strongly dislike how dark the room is because of the paneling. It's a moot point, though, because as much as I tell Jeff that one day he's going to come home to a painted room, I'm not going to ruin the one house thing he has an opinion about in this house.

As a result of the darkness of the paneling, I decided to go with a white sofa. Yes, I have two children and two dogs so it seems more than crazy, but the white slipcover was on sale this fall at Ballard Designs so I went ahead and bought it. It arrived a couple of weeks ago and I seriously love it! I figured that I can easily bleach it, if needed.

Anyway, here are some pictures of my favorite new slipcover :) I think that it really does brighten the room up a little.

By the way, this room still needs mucho work. This whole house is a major work in progress.



2 comments:

  1. Any chance he would cave in to a color stain on the paneling? Like a grey stain? It would go beautifully with your sofa. Like
    http://www.younghouselove.com/2011/02/glad-thats-out-of-the-way-part-2/
    or
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-CvT3YpcPRXQ/TonNWlDGksI/AAAAAAAANRc/OTOD6B1q_IY/s1600/tracery%2Binteriors%2Btudor%2Bhome%2Bdining%2Broom%2Bwood%2Bpanel.JPG

    That way he can keep the woodgrain without it reading so orange. What is it with men and wood? My husband was the same way about a 1980's bedroom set we had before we got married. *shudder*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessi, I think you might be on to something great!! I love the wood in the second picture so I'm going to see if I can figure out how to get that ashy, rough hewn look. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete