Labels

About Me

My photo
Hey! Welcome to The Lilly Pad! I post about random house things like decorating projects, crafts, and stuff. Also, I'll try to let you know where to find things that I write about at different price points. I very obviously have no training (as if I needed to mention that) and I take really crummy pictures, but I'm always on the hunt for deals and good stuff to put in my house.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

My Future's So Bright I Gotta Wear Shades

Last night a couple of other girls and I got together for our first attempt at a craft night.  Basically, a couple of girls came to my house with small craft things that they have been meaning to do for some time and just haven't gotten around to doing.  We all sat around my dining room table, chatted, and worked on different things.

I decided to attempt to monogram lamp shades for Lil's room.  I saw this picture on Pinterest (of course) the other day and decided that it seemed easy enough and could be done in a couple of hours.


The shade on Pinterest used felt for the monogram, but I thought it would be a lot easier for a first attempt just to use paint.

First, I used a container to make a circle on plain printer paper and then I just drew a (kind of wonky) monogram in the circle.  I used a Sharpie to outline the monogram and then taped it to the inside of the lamp shade.  I traced the monogram with pencil on the outside of the shade and then painted it.  I used acrylic paint because I already had it.  My shades are not perfect, but they were an easy project for craft night :)

The lamp bases were from Pier 1 several years ago that I spray painted pink.





Are any of you guys and dolls up to anything fun?

1 comment: