Labels

About Me

My photo
Hey! Welcome to The Lilly Pad! I post about random house things like decorating projects, crafts, and stuff. Also, I'll try to let you know where to find things that I write about at different price points. I very obviously have no training (as if I needed to mention that) and I take really crummy pictures, but I'm always on the hunt for deals and good stuff to put in my house.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Long Time, No Post

Hey, everyone!!  It's been a whole week since I've posted, but I have been super busy and, well, this isn't priority numero uno.  

After I posted last week, I decided that I am going to go for the painted door :)  At this point, I'm on my fourth coral.  You know, too light, too dark, too much of a blue undertone, too red...  I'm hoping this last one is a keeper.  I think it's going to be kind of drastic, but it is only paint and I can change it back if I don't like it.  

I've also been moving stuff around my house that has needed to be moved since we moved in a year ago.  It's crazy how long it takes to get settled.  Maybe this house will be done in twenty or thirty years, but probably not.

The other day, I decided to move my breakfast room table around a little.  I changed out the chairs with some that I picked up a while ago.  I decided to change the burlap seats to KWID Imperial Trellis and Waverly Spot On (which might be my favorite fabric...which is saying a lot for me).  The change isn't drastic, but it's a little more cheerful to look at :)




Also, I have been making new pillows with reckless abandon.  I love buying fabric and love the tedium of sewing at the end of the day with a beer in my hand :)  I'm thinking I might put them in a local consignment shop because they're so damn cute (I think) or maybe have a pillow party (you know, like tupperware, but pillows).  Or maybe I'll just give pillows away to people who read my blog :)  

As a little no kidding aside, I bought a a sewing machine a few years ago and it never really worked right so I went out and bought another one that still didn't work perfectly.  Long story short, I read the manual a couple of years too late and had been putting my needle in backwards.  Seriously, what an idiot (now with two working sewing machines)!


4 comments:

  1. Haha! Super cute! I have my eye on a sewing machine on amazon that's an embroidery and sewing machine..I'm super excited about one day learning to sew!! (There's something about right brain activities that are relaxing!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. caroline, i would love an embroidery and sewing machine!! maybe one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to join your pillow party!! to bad i'm in stupid florida now! I also want to purchase a sewing machine one of these days... until then I'll keep painting. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. We need to see pictures of the pillows! :) I bet they look great! Is your machine working better?

    ReplyDelete