Labels

About Me

My photo
Hey! Welcome to The Lilly Pad! I post about random house things like decorating projects, crafts, and stuff. Also, I'll try to let you know where to find things that I write about at different price points. I very obviously have no training (as if I needed to mention that) and I take really crummy pictures, but I'm always on the hunt for deals and good stuff to put in my house.

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Gotta Love the Grasscloth

I hope everyone's New Year has gotten off to a fantastic start!  Jeff and I have started jalking or wogging with the Couch to 5k program.  So far, so good, but it's only been 3 weeks and I've already pinned inspirational running quotes on Pinterest to keep me excited.  Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE my in shape 18 year old body, but I don't really LOVE to get my fat booty up and run (hence the fat booty).

It's been forever since I've posted anything.  I haven't been up to much around the house other than trying to organize my shizz, so there really hasn't been much to write home about.

One thing that I do have coming up is getting grasscloth wallpaper hung in my living room.  I am a HUGE fan of grasscloth and I think that it really gives you a l lot of bang for your buck.  It comes in a plethora of fun colors, but I've only ever hung the tan, traditional kind because I change my mind way too often to commit to a funky color.

In my last house, I hung my own grasscloth.  It was a little tricky because it's so heavy.  I had to thumb tack the paper after I glued it to keep it from sliding down the wall.  It looked okay, but definitely not at all professional (not even close).  Jeff still makes fun of me about it and has said that there were probably still tacks in the wall when we moved.  There were definitely staples in the wall because I stapled corners down that had started to pop up...I know, I know (but it worked and the texture of the paper hid the staples).



Here are some other pictures that I found.

Pinterest

Pinterest

Pinterest

Pinterest

2 comments:

  1. Having seen your fab grasscloth at your old house I can attest that it looked great. I love the colored grasscloths you pinned, hope to get some in my house at some point too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're sweet! Obviously you didn't look too closely :) If you ever decide to go for it, I would recommend Sherwin Williams as a starting point. They have dozens of options and it's always marked off 30% below the retail price. I've ordered from there both times and been able to get a room's worth of paper for around $100.

    ReplyDelete