Labels

About Me

My photo
Hey! Welcome to The Lilly Pad! I post about random house things like decorating projects, crafts, and stuff. Also, I'll try to let you know where to find things that I write about at different price points. I very obviously have no training (as if I needed to mention that) and I take really crummy pictures, but I'm always on the hunt for deals and good stuff to put in my house.

Friday, February 3, 2012

Cheap Cheese Danish

Okay, I've never posted anything about cooking because I don't really do much of it.  However, I made an adapted version of a sopapilla recipe that I found online and ended up with the easiest, cheapest, delishiest cheese danish recipe.

For  those of you who know how to work your oven, you've probably tried this before, but for this girl, I thought I was Betty freaking Crocker tonight :)

All you need is:
3 cans of crescent rolls
2 packages of cream cheese
1 cup of sugar
1 tablespoon of vanilla
2 tablespoons of butter (melted)

Using a 9 x 13 dish, I spread 1 1/2 packages of crescent rolls in the bottom and kind of mushed them together (technical term) with my fingers.  I them combined the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in a mixing bowl with my hands (don't judge me...I've never pulled the trigger on a Kitchen Aid mixer and my hand held mixer broke a couple of moths ago).  I spread the mixture on the crescent rolls and topped with the remaining crescent rolls.  I then brushed the top with the melted butter.  I'm a big girl so this is what we do, but skinny girls could leave the butter off (although you probably wouldn't eat this anyway :).  Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.

Seriously, it's the easiest Saturday morning breakfast for under $10 or so and it will feed  the entire family.



Has anyone else tried any super easy and yummy recipes lately?  Seriously, the easier, the better for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment